Ninja Chef 2011- Lime Chicken with sweet potatao mash
February 13, 2011
I have just finished up another great article for Fighters Only. In that article I wrote about the importance of being able to cook interesting tasty food thats going to fuel your training, stop you getting fat and during a weight cut stop you killing people.
I get asked nutrition advice almost as much as I get asked “when is your next fight?”. My first question is usually do you eat shit/ can you clean up your diet? Most people know what they should be doing avoid processed carbohydrates, sugars and trans fats and eat a lot of protein, fruit and vegtables. Its the implementation of that last part that is the hard part. If you cannot make your lunch taste better than a bacon double cheeseburger meal you are screwed.
I am a firm believer in anyone who can read can cook healthy stuff so with that in mind I thought I would show you some of the stuff I make when im being good.Once you have made a meal a few times you can pretty much rattle through it in no time.
Lime Chicken with sweet potatao mash
- 1 lime keep juice and zest
- 1tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp of grated ginger if you can be arsed
- 2 chicken breasts
- 450g of sweet potato chopped up
- 1/2 red pepper
- some broccolli, sugar snap peas, green beans and other green crap you have in the fridge
- Mix half the lime zest with the lime juice, ginger and honey. Slice across the chicken 3 or 4 times and place in a ziplock food bag over night (this is better but if you dont have time just cover the chicken in the juice and leave for a bit).
- Cook the sweet potatoes in salted water for 10-12 minutes. Brain then mash the crap out of them adding some seasoning and the rest of the lime zest.
- Cook the green stuff and the red pepper in a steamer for 5-7 minutes.
- Put it all together and eat it.
Bonus vegtable dressing.
Eating brocolli and green beans everyday can get boring this should help
- Go to nandos and rob their big bottles of extra extra hot sauce. Cover everything you eat in it.
- Mix one tbsp of wholegrain mustard with 1tbsp of olive oil add some maldoon salt and mix with the vegtables.
I know this is a bit different from my usual content but hopefully a few of you try it out and enjoy it. Eating like an athlete shouldnt mean that you cant enjoy decent food.
This serves 2 people and depending on the sort of roid your chicken is on should be about 400-450kcal with 37g of protein
Im cooking this tomorrow so will have a picture up then.